Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Winds of Change


Sitting here at my computer in my room that looms over the city of San Francisco. I arrived in the city about three weeks ago. Four days after I moved my things from my car to my new bedroom, I realized what my next step is going to be. And I'm not taking it here in San Francisco. I will pack my car back up and head back across the states...back to Florida. Back to my father's house. One more year. One year of doing post-bac work so that I can apply for my Master's in Art Therapy. And I plan to work with kids. I hope to work with kids. I hope to return to the hospital better equipped to help those kids deal with life, with living. Something tells me I never would've discovered this had I not first made the roadtrip back out here to San Francisco. I don't think I would've figured out the puzzle. So I've taken for myself what San Francisco had left to offer me and now I will begin a new journey back to an old place.