Saturday, November 11, 2006

personal reflections #3


Sometimes I feel like I'm shouting, but no sound is coming out. Sometimes I feel like the world is standing in the shadows, even with so much light around. Like I'm sinking for trying to swim. And all this crying, it's just going to dry us all out. So what do we do? How do we make a positive impact on the world when the world is so big and we are so small? Sometimes life feels like this. And, sometimes-really most times, it's the smallest of us, who moves the mountain. And by "small," I mean, the child sitting in a bed who is nine months old but weighs about 11 pounds.
Where am I going wrong? I think of all the things I would like to see change and now I'm wondering why I never did anything to try to make that change happen. Sometimes, I think we underestimate ourselves....the things we can teach, ...more importantly, the things we can learn, if we are open to it.