Thursday, December 07, 2006

Seven Hours


It is exactly seven hours before I head to the airport and, eventually, board the plane to go to Seoul and see Aldrin. It's really happening. It's all coming to an end. I don't really know what else to say right now. There's not much to say. Everything is done. I am going to the hospital this afternoon to do some last minute things: give a gift to Sinath and one to Sockaan and a letter to the Executive Director thanking him for the amazing experience I've had, return the cell phone the hospital loaned me for three months and say goodbye to the kids. Everything is packed and sitting in one small spot in my big, now empty room. Every space I'm in right now seems empty, but I feel so full. And I'm very happy to be going home and seeing my family and friends. So it's difficult to be too sad. But there is a definete part of me that is experiencing the lamentation of goodbye.