Saturday, October 28, 2006

personal reflections #2


There is no reason for hatred. No reason for predjudism, war, violence, ignorance. I turn on the television here in Cambodia and watch the president of the United States talk about the importance of being in Iraq, about the "war" that must be waged against terrorism...but really, I think he's waging a war against his own country.
Love is the most important thing we can give. Love is the most precious thing that we can receive. I don't know who's calling the shots or who's watching over us. But I know that I feel the safest when I am experiencing love. I think God, whoever that is, exists in love. I find that kind of power in love. And nowhere else. I wish we were more concerned with helping others than we are with helping ourselves. Maybe God wouldn't seem so far away. Maybe a resolution wouldn't seem so unattainable. If only our infant spirits would awake...if we could be innocent again like we were as children...if we could look at the world through the eyes of a child: I believe the world would be a different place.